Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The soup is ON!

Hey Folks,

I hope the winter season finds you warm and snuggly with those you love.  I also hope it brings you nourishment; not just physical substance, but the whole shebang.  I believe the winter season is a time to regenerate self and move inward.  The café certainly aims to nourish those that spend time here.  One way we like to do is, is with SOUP! 


I can't think of a more nourishing process; from selecting the variety of soup, to handpicking each ingredient and then combining everything.  The eating aspect is pretty darned fun too!  This soup season has enlightened me with the art of making broth.  We're spinning all kinds of broth in our cozy little kitchen.  Chicken, turkey, every now and then beef and LOTS of vegetable broths.  Nothing goes to waste and in fact the transformation of "scraps" is wildly good for our bodies.  I could elaborate on the health benefits of eating bone broths, but I'm not sure we've got the time.  Care to chat about it?  Find me in the café!  Just know that homemade stock (homemade anything) is going to be better for your body than manufactured-packaged goods. 

If you haven't heard me say it before, I'll tell you again.  We love making soup!  We hope you love eating just as much!  This week, we're lucky enough to be cooking with root vegetables for our pal's at Rare Earth Farm in Belgium, WI.  Here are the links to a couple of our favorite farms: 
My favorite ingredient.
Also, my favorite snack.
http://www.rareearthfarm.com/
http://threesisterscommunityfarm.csasignup.com/members/types 
(this is Kelly's farm)
http://www.localharvest.org/wild-ridge-farm-M61351

We hope you're staying warm and well with the cold snap. 


As always, Be Well.  Drink Good Coffee. Do Good Things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment