Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Caravaughn's Photo Art Exhibit.

Hey!  This morning our walls are graced with Caravaughn's photo show.  The majority of pictures originate from her project, "365" which entailed taking one picture a day for an entire year.  The adventure began with a florescent pink, Vivitar camera (we're talking old-school).  Later the tool was upgraded to Winchester, a Nikon D60 which has since rarely left its place round her neck. 

Most of the shots were snapped in obscure Port Washington locations. Caravaughn's unique "eye" adds another layer of mysticism to enjoy.  Folks, there's more!  The current photo montage is laid out in prints (which are for purchase).  The prints are placed atop pieces of old picture frames.  The picture frames belonged to my grandmother and were passed to Caravaughn who has done a fine job repurposing them.  It's an eclectic and thoughtful display.  I hope you get to see it.


Be Well.  Take Good Care.  Drink Good Coffee.

P.S.  At the time of writing, I haven't had a cup of coffee for 48 hours.  I'm already dreaming of which single origin I'll enjoy when I'm back on the boat. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment